Willkommen!

Wie schön, dass ihr mein Sammelsurium gefunden habt!
Über Rückmeldungen würde ich mich freuen
- als Kommentar oder an: strick_else(at)yahoo.de
Danke

Sonntag, 18. März 2012

Cocentaina

By the way, I am not the first one coming from Granada to Cocentaina:
In september of 1304 moorish troops from Granada came and raided and burnt the city and

in december of 1653 six nuns from the convent of Saint Anton in Granada arrived and founded the convent  "La Mare de Deu del Miracle".
I will not give you a day-to-day account of my adventures, but rather pick some events and spice them up with some history (mainly taken from spanish wikipedia).

But first I want to show you, where I am: This is the view from my road towards Cocentaina.

On the way, I took some photos of "roadside botany"...

and "roadside zoology"...
 - I spare you the photo of the dead snake; I will still have to identify it...

Going further down, you'll cross the motorway N 340 and later the "river" Serpis. I have to go there again and try to take a good picture of the Little Egret (Egretta garzetta), which is usually there, but not used to people walking. And you pass the old paper factory Cartonajes Aitana. But I will leave this also for another day.

Then you finally reach the town of Cocentaina.
Tomorrow I'll show you some more of the town...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen